How do I explain to my 6 year old that we are moving out?

I am not fighting, we still love one another. I just am tired of trying and getting help for our relationship and he sits back pretending it is ok. Pretending he don' t need help. The only serious problem we have had since we had children is communicating and displining the kids. So, I am moving out with the kids. It has been too long, hopefully he will then realize I am serious and get help with me so we can be one happy family, and as I told him if nothing changes. We will never be back together. I already have the lease.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on May. 10, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My kids were 4, 5, and 8 when I left their dad. I just told them that they were moving into a new house with mommy, that daddy would stay in the old house and they would come to visit him. Very matter of factly without trying to go into why - when they asked I just told them that daddy and I were just going to be friends from now on and so we wouldn't be living together anymore. I also took them to a psychologist for a few months so they had someone to talk to if they felt the needs - she mainly just went over emotions with them, that it was okay for them to be mad or sad and what to do when they felt that way.

Answer by missanc at 12:45 PM on May. 10, 2010

• We are actually searching for apartments for him. I am helping him.
    Anonymous

• Tell them mommy is being selfish and thinking of herself, and is having a tantrum to get her own way. Seriously, leaving your husband because you don't think he is doing enough is selfish. Deprivig your child of living with his father because you aren't gettting your own way is selfish. There's no other way to put it. If your husband was abusive, then okay. But according to you he's not. Perhaps YOU should work on YOU first. I'm betting you're not all that much fun to live with.

I really don't mean this to be hurtful. Just the flat truth.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous: Selfish

I am far from selfish, I can't get into details and that has nothing to do with the question. Sometimes I wish people would understand.
    Y o U ARE Suppose to answer the question asked ????

The question was:
    Anonymous

• one more thing.

If i was so selfish why for years have I been trying to get help, going to therapy and he went to the Therapy twice, when they wanted him to go back he don't want too. I have been hanging on for too long, now it is his turn.

From who you call selfish-you don't know me don't judge me. PUT A LID ON IT.
    Anonymous

• Don't explain it. Suck it up and stay for the children. You still love each other, you are just on different pages with a few things and he's not big on communicating. He's not abusive and he doesn't neglect his children. Suck it up until the last kid moves out and THEN leave.
    Anonymous