tie breaker baby (3rd child when you already have a boy & girl)

is it normal or OK to feel weird about this? It means that one of your precious children will soon have built in competition .... and this really bothers me.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 12:43 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I think your feelings are normal.

Trust me when the time comes though you won't feel like that.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:54 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I had a boy then a girl when we got preganant with baby 3. I kind of wanted a boy because my daughter was younger and use to being the baby so that alone would be an adjustment then having to share daddy with another girl may be rough. Well we had a girl and all and all it worked out wonderfully.
    Anonymous

• if anything you might be more like "well the two boys (or girls) have each other but what about the other one..."
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 1:05 PM on May. 10, 2010

• You might get twins,, LOL! I think it is normal to feel that way,, but find most siblings don't feel like they are in competition unless the parents promote it!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:46 PM on May. 10, 2010

• im trying for #3 and i have one of each right now, i really want another boy, girls are too fussy to me! and my son needs a brother!!.. I think all siblings feel compition, espically in the begining with a new baby, but it doesnt last. the older kids just keep getting older and learn more everyday!
    Anonymous