Do you feel sometimes you give too much information to your kids?

This is 2010 and yes alot has changed, sex starts at a younger age, education is much more advanced, and youth is growing up way to quick-developing. It must be the food. When asked about sex, relationship and everything else do you make it short and sweet or do you go into details.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 1:03 PM on May. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Nope. I think all those details are a good thing. Kids who don't get the details from their parents will get them from friends or the TV... I would always prefer they get them from me.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:06 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I try to keep it short and sweet and if she asks for more information or details I give it to her. Sometimes I feel like I might be over doing it, but I would rather be safe than sorry. Because if she doesn't get a good enough answer from me she might ask someone else who might not have her best interests or safety in mind.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 1:50 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I have always been quite frank with my girls....but to tell you the truth they rely on what they hear from their peers more then anything. Sure they will sit there and listen but they listen to their friends most of all. I have an 18 yr old that forgot everything I told her and had to learn the hard way...she insists I never told her anything
    Anonymous

• It depends on their age, maturity and whether or not they need to know. I'm very open with them, at 8 and 10 I've had several conversations with them about their bodies and sex - but when they were 3 and 4 and asked where babies come from I didn't have those conversations with them.

Answer by missanc at 3:31 PM on May. 10, 2010