what does all this pressure/pain mean?

38weeks preggo! for the past couple weeks ive had increased pressure down there accompanied by aching pain in my pelvic bone & tightness/pain in stomach that feels like the worst menstrual cramps ive ever had. ive been reading up on what to expect w/early signs of labor, but as a 1st time mommy, im still clueless as to what to expect. ive dialated 1.5cm so far but havent had any signs of a bloody show or loss of mucus plug. i guess im just wondering if i should write down when i have these pains & how long they last now... or wait & see how things progress over next couple days?

mommyw2010

Asked by mommyw2010 at 1:07 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i never had any of that either, dr had to break my water..i would call you dr and explain it to him and see what he says
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 1:09 PM on May. 10, 2010

• it the begining of labor, u have to call ur doc as soon as u r in active labor( 5min apart contractions)GL
    Imane1215

Answer by Imane1215 at 1:12 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I would wait, they may be practice contractions. if they are consistant, becoming stronger once you change activities (if you are active, relax, if you are relaxed do an activity) to see if they increase. then start counting the times of the conractions... from the start iof one to the start of the next one. depending are where yo live will depend on when to call or leave to the hospital or birthcenter.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:21 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Try not to play the watching the clock game. These are practice contractions. Once they start to become more regular, and increasinly intense and close together, it's the real thing. Don't start timing until then or you'll just drive yourself nuts. Hang in there mama.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:29 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Ive been having that since I was 37 weeks. This is my 2nd baby, she still hasnt come and Im a week late now Im having to be induced. I figured that my pain was her moving her head and hands because it wasnt the full 30-45 seconds that a contraction is but it did hurt like hell.. I still got them after I lost my mucus plug. I would say if they arent happening all the time not to worry about it. If you can shower, sit or lay down and they stop or you dont feel any pain any more its just BH.
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 4:03 PM on May. 10, 2010