What makes a person SELFISH? Moving out with my kids.

Someone who wants happiness for their family, someone who fights long and hard to hold on to a relationship when your the only one fighting, someone who takes care of everyone else and completely forgot about her self.

I am moving for alot of reasons just not getting into everyone of them.
Someone said I was selfish.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on May. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• noo your not being selfish. & anyway, sometimes you need to be selfish. being selfish isnt always a bad thing.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:18 PM on May. 10, 2010

• sound like you are thinking of your kids and the sanity of their mom
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 1:24 PM on May. 10, 2010

• If doing what is best for you is selffish then most of us would fall under that same umbrella.
    Being sellffish would be if your kids needed new clothes and you went and got yourself some instead. Being sellffish is to have a need for control. You only want for yourself, to control your needs and to be in control of what others get to have, and that you always come first.
    Why would making a better life for you be so wrong? if others can't see that then they are being the selffish ones
    Anonymous

• Breaking up a family for reasons other than abuse, addiction, or the like is selfish. Children deserve a two parent home.

It could be that you're fighting the wrong battle, or the wrong way. If I'm trying to push open a door that I need to pull, no amount of pushing is going to result in success.

Fix yourself, before demanding that your husband make changes. Moving out because you want to teach your husband a lesson and make HIM change, is just silly and childish. You control YOU. Make you someone your husband wouldn't want to lose, and you'll see a big difference without having to resort to silly stunts like making your children live without their father.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous-I am fixing my self.

I have not been self since 7 years, when the fighting started, see I see if you can't be civil to each other and speak to each other it is better you go your own way and you live together yet barely talk. If you verbally fight and argue all the time, and now it so bad you argue over everything. You must go, and you try everything in your power to be together and he is not making an effort. Then I must go for my children and my self.

There is so much more, I am done explaining my self to you. You sound like you need a husband, you sound aggravated, fustrated, and so on. Get a life. Your annoying me now. Have a good night.
    Anonymous

• Whoever said that was selfish is an idiot. You have to do what is best for YOU and your children, and if your not happy with your current situation, it WILL affect them.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 2:23 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I don't call this selfish especially if you have worked hard to perserve the realtionship and its just not working. I am in a similiar boat where I feel I need to leave but have not made the leap yet. I guess I am confused about wht and how to do it. Part of me thinks I should try harder but at what point do you just quit trying? Do what you have to do for you and your kids:)
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

I have worked on it for years, you will know ready. It is scary I have kids and I am so nervous yet, Relieved.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on May. 11, 2010