Scary....

Flight attendants refer to lap babies as MISSILES!!!! That's right, b/c missiles is what they become when there is heavy turbulence or other problems or rough flights. They give the count as "127 pax (passengers) and 3 missiles". Is a missile what you want your baby to be? Get your carseat with you on the plane.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just traveled with my one year old on a plane with me and he didnt go anywhere...even on a rough flight home. If you actually put your arms around your kid and HOLD them...there is no problem.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 1:46 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Oh please.
    Anonymous

• i agree with cassirae3... and if the plane crashes, the carseat will not help anyway
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:05 PM on May. 10, 2010

• You know, I read somewhere that in a car going just 30 mph that crashes, a KLEENEX BOX will hit you with the force of a brick. So imagine how heavy a child would become in that situation. I know MY feeble flesh and bone arms aren't going to be able to hold onto something with all that force behind it. The OP is actually right.
    charliebean

Answer by charliebean at 2:18 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I would get one just to be safe. Turbulence can be pretty rough. I really don't think anyone thought a carseat would save a child if the plane crashed but there are a lot of other things that can happen.

http://watch.discoverychannel.ca/mayday/#clip300093

Watch some of these and you'll see some scary situations where the plane didn't crash but the pilots temporarily lose control of their planes....
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 2:43 PM on May. 10, 2010

• "If you actually put your arms around your kid and HOLD them...there is no problem. " That is totally not true! With enough turbulence/force it is totally impossible to hold onto your baby, just like in the car. I always bought a seat for my kids, even under the age of two. They are safer in a car seat.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:52 PM on May. 10, 2010