pcos

hi everyone...i just recently found out i have pcos..ive been doing some research on it and my friend recommended this site for support..ive always dreamed of having a big family and im afraid with pcos this isnt possible without drugs or treatments. i was just hoping to see some women got pregnant without trying for years or having to undergo multiple treatments. thanks for ur love..any bit of advice helps

ebrittian22

Asked by ebrittian22 at 1:52 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• There are several PCOS groups on here. Type it in the search and they should pop up. Also look for the Trying To Conceive group, there are lost of us PCOS women in there. I have PCOS. I was diagnosed in July 2007 and conceived my son in November of 2007. It took 15 months to get pregnant w/ him and after my diagnosis they started me on metformin and clomid. I got pregnant on my second round. Depending on the severeity of your case though, it is possible to not have to do fertility treatments. So your doctor may just start you on metformin first to regulate your cycle and hormones and then with in any given amount of time that yoru doctor decides is enough they will start you on fertility drugs most likely if you still have not conceived on metformin alone. GL! And you can message me anytime!
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 4:36 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Ive had pcos for 9 years and I have an almost 9 year old daughter and an almost 4 year old son and we are ttc #3! It took about 3-4 months to conceive and I did it with the help of fertilityfriend.com. It just gives you a calendar of your most fertile days. My biggest issues (one that once again I'm dealing with BIG time) is my weight. I yo-yo diet ALOT and I can always tell when Ive gained weight because my ovaries start humming with a cyst. So right now I have started my prenatal vitamins, cut back on coffee and tea, and headed back to the gym!
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 9:13 PM on May. 10, 2010

• thanks ladies..oh also..i lost have lost 25 pounds over the past 6 months but i havent had a period at all in 6 months,,im not on birth control and i havent started any medications
    ebrittian22

Answer by ebrittian22 at 9:22 PM on May. 10, 2010