baby shower food.... ideas please

I'm doing the food for my bestfriends baby shower and I have no idea what to make. I need lots of ideas the showers the first of june and I'm kind of panicked. Theres going to be over 30 guests so a few vegetarian ideas would be great as well... thanx for any help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Fruit salads are pretty easy and vegitarian-friendly. At my first baby shower, my sister bought a couple of Chick-Fil-A nugget platters. It was plenty of food for everyone and really easy to set up. You could also make chocolate covered pretzels or something similar for more little pretty things to eat. Those are really easy to make!
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 1:57 PM on May. 10, 2010

• finger foods, cut up fruits and dip, veggies & dip, Maybee a bread bowl dip, punch(minus the alcohol)hotdogs in a blanket(small ones), or maybee a cold cut platter & rolls so they can make their own sandwitches, I guess it depends how big & how many people & how long the function will be.'
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 2:02 PM on May. 10, 2010

• we had pigs in a blanket, a fruit and veggie platter, chips and dip, cake, and homemade sherbert punch!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:03 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Can you make a bunch of different wraps and cut them up in half or even in wheels. You can make a big potato salad and a regular salad. Small quiches are good. Also, ask a few people to help. Have 5 or so of your best friends or mother/sister bring something too. That's a lot of work for one person.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:09 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Mushroom tarts,,
    take white bread and cut a circle with a glass butter the bread and press into a mini muffin tin,, bake at about 350 until they are toasty.
    Take mushrooms, green onion and saute in a pan until finished,, mix with Knorr vegetable soup mix and some cream cheese,, let sit about 15 minutes for the soup mix to get dissolved you will need about 1 lb of chopped mushrooms per loaf of bread and 1 bunch of onions per loaf,, To make enough for 30 people,, I would say 4 loafs,, so 4 lbs of shrooms, 4 green onions, and about 10 0z of cream cheese and 2 soup packets. I then put the mixture into the toast and top with parmesean cheese,, bake about 12- 15 minutes until cheese melts,, these are so yummy! I also like the wrap ideas as well feel free to message me for more ideas!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:36 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Veggie plate (sliced red peppers (w/ cream cheese, salt and basil), carrots w/ honey and ginger, broccoli w/ ranch, etc.)
    Fruit plate (grapes, apples w/ caramel, marinated strawberries and mangos, bananas w/ peanut butter dip, etc.) or fruit skewers
    (cheese) bagel bites
    brownies
    rice crisy treats
    spring rolls
    potatoe wedges

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 2:42 PM on May. 10, 2010