How do you feel about Domestic Discipline?

We practice Domestic Discipline (DD) in our relationship. This is when the DH is the head of the household and the wife obeys the husband. Not doing so may result in punishment. These punishments can range from standing in the corner, loosing computer privileges to spankings (which I will be receiving this evening after the kids are asleep). DD is most commonly known as a Christian Lifestyle however many, like DH and myself, are not Christian.

If you arent sure how this works check out this link - http://www.christiandd.com/index.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• UM! NO WAY! sorry but I am not a child, I do not need go stand in the corner for not obeying my husband. God gave me freewill for a reason. The bible may tell us to obey our husbands, but it also tells our husbands to love and respect us as Jesus did the church. IMHO you are in a BAD relationship and need to get out.
    Anonymous

• Nope, we don't practice domestic discipline. We both agreed to be equal partners when we got married. He did not buy me, so he can not treat me like a slave or a recalcitrant child.
    I think it is a very odd way to live. I don't think it is fair at all to the lesser one of the couple.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:01 PM on May. 10, 2010

• There is no way I would go for that. I am not a child. And I am not going to let my DH treat me like one.
    Some guys will take that the the next level and abuse the wife. And she would just have to put up with it.

Answer by louise2 at 2:02 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Nope I dont need a man to control me Im perfectly capable of doing what I want whether my DH likes it or not. If he ever laid a hand on me I would beat the crap out of him. I watched my mom be beat by her BF and I refuse to let any man hit me and degrade me.
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 2:03 PM on May. 10, 2010

• That sounds bad. There should be equality in marriage. "Standing in a corner"????? Something tells me some mental health counseling is needed. Really.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:03 PM on May. 10, 2010

• yea, it will be a cold day in hell when my husband can "punish me"

I don't want to raise my son to think that he is better than women
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:06 PM on May. 10, 2010

• yeah right.. i'd like to see my dh treat me like that
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:06 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I think the people who live that way have some serious mental health issues. An adult needing to be "punished" as a child has clearly not matured properly. And an adult who would want to treat their spouse as another child has some scary control issues. I feel sorry for their children that they would be raised to think that women should be treated as four year olds.
    Anonymous

• I understand that many think this would mean that I was in a bad relationship but you must first understand that when we first married we were just like any other couple. I always had a desire and need to be in this type of relationship. Several years into our marriage I asked for this. DH had never even heard of it. I gave him links and forums to go learn about the lifestyle. It took another year or more for him to agree.
    Anonymous

• Just another form of domination and submission. No child should be in this type of household watching a parent be disciplined and don't think that children aren't aware of these things just because you get to stand in the corner at night. This is so antiquated. Who made HIM the boss? Why aren't you disciplining HIM? Do you ever send HIM to the corner or spank HIM?  What do you use as boundaries?  Do you have a book of behavior and punishment, or is this HIS whim?  Sounds like you have an immature relationship.  BDSM has more values than DD.   Sounds so lopsided, I can't do this. If you are ok, then ok, take this as my opinion only. Thanks and Peace.

ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 2:08 PM on May. 10, 2010