anyone with bad experiance with Mirena IUD??

so i got the Mirena after my first son and had it for two in a half yrs with no problem but i just got it put back in after my second son six months ago and ever since have been having trouble like i having been having cramps with it and hurts during sex and one time after sex i swore i felt it and it hurt so bad that couldnt move but didnt think much of it know i have this weird pain in my leg like when where wear a tampon too long i have a dr. appointment but i just want to know if anyone else had trouble like this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, but my SIL supposedly "lost" 3 of hers... as in, they fell out. Needless to say, she (would have 6) has 5 children that are between 20months and 7yrs.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:31 PM on May. 10, 2010

• It could be embedded.
    I had mine for 3 months and had pain similar to yours but put it off. I had constant cramps, gave up on sex because it ended up in screaming in pain on my end and guilt of my fiances and I had pain in my legs. I also had alot of lower back pain. I finally ended up calling the doctor to take it out, went in to see her, had an ultrasound a week later. Few hours after my ultrasound they called saying "we shouldn't have sent you home, your mirena is embedded & making a hole out of your uterus. You have to come see us first thing in the morning & have surgery after".
    Not to mention I felt incredibly pregnany, my stomach was swollen & I was going bald. I now can only rely on condoms for protection since I can't take hormones or have paraguard.
    I knew something wasnt right after the pain kept on when they told me it'd last a few hours.

I would request an U/S if they don't give you one.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 2:45 PM on May. 10, 2010