autism

What causes autism? Do certain vaccinations can trigger it? I want to be educated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There is too much information to be educated here on Cafemom. :) You need to really get some books and study for a long while it is a pretty complicated thing to explain.

No on is really sure of what causes autism. But hopefully soon we will be able to know!!!

My dd has mild aspergers syndrome...which is a very high functioning autism. You probably wouldnt know if I didnt tell you. She just has a bit of a speach delay and a few social issues.

But she has been able to read since she was 2 and can memorize anything. ;)

I believe she also has a strong gift of music.

So many people look at autism as a disability,,, I look at it as a gift that can really bless a child and a family :)
    Anonymous

• Some people say vaccines, some people say genetics. My niece was fine until she was 1 year old and had a corrective procedure on her eye. My sister thinks it was the anesthesia that triggered it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:44 PM on May. 10, 2010

• No one knows for certain. Research that blames vaccines has been discredited, however.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:08 PM on May. 10, 2010