online threats

If I reported an online threat (Do do bodily harm from someone who knows who I am, lives in the same city), would the police do anything? Someone threatened my friend and I. I do this person may be chicken as they do know where we live and if they really wanted to do something, they would just do it, not send online threats. But, should we report it just in case? My friend has the actual email saved and printed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• report it and keep any evidence that you have.GL
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:53 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I would report it so there is a documentation trail. If something were to happen you would have the documentation and police report for any necessary legal reasons.

Anonymous

• I would report it. Good Luck.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:00 PM on May. 10, 2010

• report it... its better to be safer than sorry.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:12 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I am the op, I am thinking it would be best. I'm not understanding why someone ( a mother with a child and also pregnant)would stoop so low as to physically threaten someone . Some people never grow up.
    Anonymous

• Report it and at the very least it can be kept as evidence. if that person ever does do something then that will prove it was thought out and not just a random thing.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 4:36 PM on May. 10, 2010