i plan on naming my son Jordan. the father wants him to be named after him. he warned that if the baby is not named after him he will treat me badly and i will not like it. he has said that on more than one occassions. what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think he is already treating you badly. Tell him you don't want your son being named JERK! Maybe you can give the child his name as a middle name. That might make him happy. I hope you are not married to him. Just get child support

Answer by admckenzie at 3:13 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Treat you badly how? If youre not with the father (married or in a relationship) then name him whatever you want because its going to be YOU who has to say his name every single day. But really, treat you badly like how?
    Anonymous

• He will treat you badly because of a name? I wouldn't be in a relationship with him!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:47 PM on May. 10, 2010

• If he's going to treat you like badly, he's going to do it anyhow. Right now it's just to get his own way with your sons name, when that threat is used up he's going to use it on another issue. I wouldn't want to name my son after someone who treated me badly, nor would I want my son to associate himself with someone who treated me badly. Every time you say your sons name your going to think of the jerk who forced you to name him that. I wouldn't do it. GL
    Anonymous

• Please tell me you are not married to this a-hole.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:59 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Tell him when he can carry a baby for 9 months he can decide what to name it. Until then, it's up to you.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 3:09 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I'm with anon 2:51
    That's scary. seriously, what happens the next time you do something he doesn't like?
    He has said it on more than one occasion? I hope you realise that him even saying this to you is NOT OK
    I would be worried about the future with him
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:23 PM on May. 10, 2010

• WOW, I would NOT want my baby named after a man like that! Stick to your guns, mama! I vote for "Jordan"!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:24 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Um..you probably shouldnt be in a relationship with someone who threatens to treat you badly over a name choice.
    Anonymous

• I'd tell him he's starting off with a very bad relationship with his grandson...

I don't think people should DEMAND to have someone named after them. It's an honor and privilege.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 4:12 PM on May. 10, 2010