My friend thought it was strange. Is it?

So im BF (I have a 2 month old) and I pump so much milk everyday. So when my three year old has breakfast in the morning I give her my refrigorated breast milk. My hubbys Idea. I said okay but when my friend saw me poor it into her sippy cup she was like ewwww. Is this wrong? Am I not getting it. I only was able to BF my daughter until she was 4 months. So i feel like this is okay. Weird? YES NO your thoughts please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on May. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well considering that cow milk is breast milk from a cow then I don't see a problem. There is no reason to not use the milk. I know when my grandmother was young if one of them could not bf their kid someone else did.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 2:50 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Yes, it's weird. 3 year olds don't need breast milk anymore.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:43 PM on May. 10, 2010

• No it is not weird. I have a friend that does that. I would like to do that with this one. Breast milk is good for them. Plus you are saving yourself some money by doing that too.
    Anonymous

• There is nothing wrong with it!
    Anonymous

• I dont have a huge problem with this, I dont see myself doing it. But milk is milk whether she has it at 3 months or 3 years.

Some people are really immature when it comes to breasts and breast feeding. Sometimes I feel like I am in the 6th grade.....with friends saying "eww gross"
    Anonymous

• Is your fried a mother herself? I don't see why that would warrant and EW response from a grown woman....sigh
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 2:48 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I say good for you. I don't see anything wrong with it. I would not give it to a school age child though as they might be made fun of over it, but a toddler? Who cares?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:53 PM on May. 10, 2010

• As long as the kid like it and is getting it in a cup why not?!? That is a wonderful source of nutrients and it saves money...what is weird is a 3 yr still on the tit....but not weird to drink breast milk from a cup
    Anonymous

• "Yes, it's weird. 3 year olds don't need breast milk anymore."
    Maybe, maybe not, but I would say mama's milk is a big step above animal breast milk! LOL!

I think what you're doing is a great idea! Even if she doesn't need it (and some people believe they do at 3 years old) your breast milk is very healthy and can only be good for her.

NO, IT'S NOT WEIRD.
    Anonymous

• Considering "normal" milk comes from the equivelant of a cow's boobies, it's not weird - perhaps more normal than people realize. But it is out of the ordinary in that most people just white, pasteurized milk with breakfast and not watery breastmilk. I think it's an interesting idea. : )
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 3:29 PM on May. 10, 2010