im nine months pregnant. and i dont know where my boyfriend is. he called yesterday wished me a happy mothers day at like 7 am in the morning. and then why i tried to contact him later on throughout the day i could not. when i finally got in touch with him he said he was in west palm beach which is about 2 and half hours away from where we live.

he did not give me any explanation why he is there. he didnt even tell me he was going out of town. when i asked why he laughed and said "looks who is getting mad when i am having fun." do i remind you i am 9 months pregnant and due any day. now today i cannot even contact me if there was to be an emergency. and honestly, he has use this entire pregnancy as a way to get back at me. for problems we have had in the past. he said "now is the best time to get revenge on me." im thinking about after i have the baby to leave him and finish my last 2 semesters of college and make a safe healthy environment for my son and I.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yeah get out! Wow, what a loser! It sounds like a good time to disappear on him like he's done on you. Sit down and see what you need to do to be a single mom. Count the cost carefully, make a plan, and follow through. I know it's hard, but agree with the PPs, don't wait 'til the baby comes. You're a strong mama, and you can do this without him. Courage, mama!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:14 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I think your plan is a good one. He's not good relationship material.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:50 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I agree with admckenzie.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:56 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Why wait until you have the baby? Use the time you have left before you go into labor to get everything in order. Anyone who wants to "get revenge" on someone, never mind the mother of his child, is not worth the time. Just document every little thing that he says and does that could be used in court for child support and custody.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:02 PM on May. 10, 2010

• He sounds incredibly disrespectful. There really are lots of fish in the sea. If you need to use him for his income to finish at school, do it, then leave. He deserves it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:03 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Don't wait for the baby to come. Leave him now. You deserve better. Better to raise the baby alone than to have him their treating you like a doormat and stressing you out.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 3:07 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I think this is his way of distancing himself from you and from the child. You can make a new life for yourself, but your baby will never have but one daddy, and that is very heartbreaking. These are situations that just should not be. Parents have choices but the children have none, and they are the ones who suffer the most. I do not have words to describe the compassion I feel for your baby who deserves so much more than he will be getting. Whether you decide to stay or leave, your baby is getting cheated out of so, so much.
    Anonymous

• I would get every thing together now and get away from him. If DH ever did that to me he would be gone I wouldnt put up with it.
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 4:00 PM on May. 10, 2010

• GET RID OF HIM HE IS A LOSER!!!
    Anonymous

• Nah, you can leave and still take him for every dime he's worth. That's not something I'd normally recommend, but I'll tell you he's being an absolute DICK, and you don't deserve it. Just make sure you have a parent or a close friend or relative close to help you in case there is an emergency, be sure that person is prepared and able to help at the drop of a hat!

Sorry you're going through this. It'll be tough, but in the end, it'll be so worth it because you'll be out of that kind of "vengeful" environment, and your child will grow up with VALUES.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:42 PM on May. 10, 2010