I want to fast. Any recommendations?

I need to shed off 10 or so pounds fast! I know you ladies have some tricks up your sleeve.

Amberoz

Asked by Amberoz at 2:52 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Personally, I love the Master's Cleanse. You can find a ton if you google it. : )

Just be sure to use organic fresh squeezed lemons and organic Grade B maple syrup. Also for the pepper I take a pill instead of mixing it in my drink.
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 3:01 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Well slim fast works in a pinch,, but honestly I used to fast all of the time to lose weight,, jacked up my metabolism and now have to diet ALL of the time. Make sure you drink lots and lots of water,, I tried th Master's Cleanse, but it gave me heartburn, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:03 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Have you ever thought of doing a raw foods diet for a week or two? Basically you are a vegan for a bit - all raw fruits and veggies. This is so good for you and you aren't hungry all the time.

If you do this just keep in mind raw almonds really fill you up. : )
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 3:13 PM on May. 10, 2010

• why not try a nutritional program, that can not only help you lose weight, but it will help you to maintain the weight you lose!
    e-mail me for more info.. bweeks09@live.com
    bwwealthnhealth

Answer by bwwealthnhealth at 9:46 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I have been drinking Shakeology for months and have great results, but a couple of weeks ago I tried the Shakeology 3 day cleanse and it got me to my goal weight. It's healthy, it's only 3 days and it won't make you miserable lol. Let me know if you would like some info :)
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 9:33 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I used/still use nutritional cleansing. It is a healthy way to lose weight and keep it off. I lost 18 lbs last summer and have kept it off for almost 9 months now. If you want more info my email is simplecleansing@gmail.com
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 5:52 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I was pretty overweight, and I had gallbladder issues. My dr put me on a low fat, low sodium no dairy diet and I lost 11 lbs in the first week! It's HARD to eliminate foods high in sodium but here's a sample diet:

Breakfast (choose 1)
    1 cup of oatmeal with 2 tbsp walnuts and 2 tbsp raisins or dried cranberries and 1 tsp brown sugar, with a cup of juice or a piece of fruit and a glass of water
    1 egg over easy (Not fried in oil, just spray pan with nonstick spray), 1 piece 100% whole grain toast and 1 piece of fruit with a glass of water
    1 egg scrambled on a toasted whole wheat english muffin with 1 tsp jam and a piece of fruit with a glass of water
    1 egg white omelet with your choice of chopped veggies (4 egg whites, scrambled, with bell peppers, spinach, tomatoes, jalapenos, whatever veggies you like in your omelets) with a slice of whole grain toast and fruit

CONT
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:39 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Lunch:
    2 cups salad greens with 1/4 cup dried cranberries and 2 tbsp chopped walnuts with a fat free balsamic vinagrette and a glass of water or unsweet tea
    Amy's Light in sodium canned soup (1/2 can) with 5 lowfat ritz crackers and water or unsweet tea
    1 Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice microwave dinner (stay under 6 g fat and 20% rda of sodium!!!)
    veggie sushi rolls (12 pieces with avocado, cucumber, and carrots) NO soy sauce

Dinners:
    3 oz baked chicken breast (marinate a SMALL chicken breast in Mrs Dash marinade of your choice), roasted root veggies (roast cubed white potatoes and parsnips with a little rosemary), and a cup of steamed veggies of your choice (use fresh or frozen NOT canned because of the sodium)
    4 oz baked or grilled fish (sprinkle WHITE fish with italian seasonings, slice a lemon thinly, lay the fish on a large piece of foil with lemon on top and wrap in a pouch)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:44 AM on May. 13, 2010

• and bake at 400 for about 20 minutes or so depending on the thickness of the fish, til it flakes easily. Serve with a cup of wild rice and steamed green beans.
    1.5 cups turkey chili (99% lean ground turkey breast--1 lb, 1 can of lower sodium kidney beans--should be 5% rda of sodium per serving, 1 packet lower sodium chili seasoning, and 1 can NO SALT ADDED diced tomatoes simmered for 20 minutes) serve with 5 low fat ritz crackers
    grilled chicken salad (3 oz grilled chicken on a bed of 2 cups of salad greens with walnuts and cranberries and balsamic vinagrette) served with 2 small slices of toasted french loaf

Snacks:
    2 lowfat graham crackers with a sliced apple or banana and cup of water
    2 tbsp hummus with 2 Wheat Thins flatbreads
    unlimited raw veggies
    fresh fruit (limit sweeter stuff like peaches, pineapple, bananas, etc)
    Kashi cereals (dry)

PM me if you want more!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:49 AM on May. 13, 2010