Classifieds

Birthmothers seeking adoptive parents in newspaper classifieds.....Is that legal?
In our local newspaper, there is a mother trying to find adoptive parents for her
11 month old son.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Adoption

• I don't know if it's legal, I suppose it could be if you hire an attorney to do the adoption. It is illegal to sell a baby. Most people don't realize that you can give an older child for adoption through some agencies.

Anonymous

• I've never seen that before. When older children (even older than this one) are placed for adoption, I think it is typically through an agency. I have seen PAPs advertising in the classifieds.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 6:24 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Screams scammer to me.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 3:35 PM on May. 11, 2010

• well when i lived in Ar there where people with add to take a child so one being put up is i guess just the same. i think its wrong both ways but that's just me. i was adopted and if i heard my parents got me from the news paper i would kinda feel like some stray dog or something.
    Manda_Evans

Answer by Manda_Evans at 7:26 PM on May. 11, 2010