How can I have fun with $0?

I'm a single mom to a 2 year old who can barely pay my bills. I feel like my son is missing out on so much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Where do you live? I take my son to the park alot,, and check out movies at the library,,, they also usually have puppet shows,, book readings etc... Being broke sucks!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:06 PM on May. 10, 2010

• the park! kids love the park and pack a lunch for him to have under a tree with a blanket to sit on.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:06 PM on May. 10, 2010

• the park, the library will often time have craft days or something along those lines, and you can find or even organize a playgroup in your area, that way he can meet and play with other kids.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 3:07 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Do you live near a park? A zoo? A forrest with hiking trails? I think there are a lot of things that entertain a 2-year-old that don't cost anything. I grew up in a family with little money and we spent all our time playing outdoors in the woods. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

BTW, i got a giggle out of your question because it sounds like your 2-year-old is paying your bills! :)
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:07 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Look in the local newspaper for community events. Bring him to story hours and activities at your local library, where you'll be able to find out about more free activities, etc.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:07 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I agree with the park. Mix it up with a picnic, bringing his trucks to the sandbox or a trike or just walking downtown and showing him everything. There is so much to see, you don't have to always pay for the zoo, aquarium, etc. And anyway, he's so little, he won't know what he's "missing." Good for you single Mom, I think you're doing a great job!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:09 PM on May. 10, 2010

• go to the park whenever you can, take walks and teach him about all that. play in the sprinklers...
    look online and you can find a ton of crafts that you can make with him out of egg cartons, old paper, ...the list goes on and on! homemade playdough is a great thing!
    plant flowers or a garden to not only teach him how to grow plants, but to suppliment your food.
    your son will know you love him, if you just spend what time you do have, with him. think about what people used to do back in the day when they didn't have all this technology and stuff we do today. best wishes! xoxoxoxo
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 3:09 PM on May. 10, 2010

• The library is your friend. Most of them have story times and such and many have museum passes. We go to museums and such all the time for free or just a couple of bucks per ticket. They have great bulletin boards too, you can find out about so many free concerts and such there.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 3:10 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Also, Barnes & Nobles has kid's book readings. Look it up online and see the times in your area.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:12 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Park, Library, some muesuems(spell) have a free day every month local lake to feed ducks or get a used kids fishing pole from a thrift store.
    Don't worry at 2 they won't remember anything. My girls are teenagers and they don't remember any of the stuff I did with them before age 8
    Anonymous