Do you buy/sell on Craigslist? Are you careful?

I almost never use the site but recently did for an electronics purchase. I ask because in Washington State, we had a sad incident where someone was killed buying off the site and meeting up. Are you careful?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I used to sell on Craigslist and buy all of the time. I also would take random nanny jobs here and there before I had kids. One time I went for a nanny interview and was so scared by what happened in the mans house that I ran out and have never messed with Craigslist again. People are scary, weird, and use Craigslist as a way to be horrible now that they've got the idea that they can.
    Anonymous

• We do on occasion both buy and sell on Craigslist. We definitely try to be careful. We won't make purchases at someone's home, we meet in a public place, and we always make sure at least two of us go. We do the same when we sell something. We pick a busy public place, and at least two of us go.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:10 PM on May. 10, 2010

• We used to invite ppl to our home to pick things up. THen, we found a kitten we wanted and the guy said he would meet us. When we met him, he said he was a retired FBI and to never let strangers know where you leave and even still, be cautious when meeting and to always meet in a public place (very public, good lighting, daytime )...so...we have been ever since then!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 3:12 PM on May. 10, 2010

• *live
    babycakes254

• I just sol dmy DH's home gym on craigslist about 2 weeks ago. When the decided they were going to come get it my DH had just been called out to work so I had my dad come over so I wouldnt be here with my kids alone. I am also have a license to carry so I had my gun with me jsut incase my dad did not get here in time. I would have liked to meet in a public place but, like I said we were selling a home gym and I didnt mave a trailor to haul it on so we had to have them come to our house. Some people are crazy so I would rather be prepared and protected!
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 3:14 PM on May. 10, 2010

• We let someone in once to buy some sofas but we never did it again. We just write it off instead because it's really not worth the risk.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 4:33 PM on May. 10, 2010

• we make great use of craigslist, but we meet people at a public location. We don't give out our address EVER
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:21 PM on May. 10, 2010

• No---there is no way I would go near that site.
    Anonymous

• I refuse to use that site now because of that very reason. I live in WA and those guys attacked a family in the town I lived in.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:59 PM on May. 10, 2010