Austin area or Dallas area

We are moving to Texas next month and though we were thinking Dallas- we may go for Austin instead. I have never been to either of them so...

which is better?

we want somewhere that we can be happy forever. DO NOT EVER want to move more than 50 miles again. want somplace where there is lots to do, and where it's nice to be outside to take walks and whatnot.

charlotsomtimes

Asked by charlotsomtimes at 3:13 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Don't know about Dallas. BUT Austin is great! A lot of culture, art, nightlife, museums, you name it! The people are great and the weather is nice but hot summers. You are also close to great shopping in San Marcos and San Antonio is not far. San Antonio has Seaworld and Fiesta Texas (great for kids). Nice diverse group of people, great place to raise a family.
    Anonymous

• Austin IMO is more of a college town. I went to visit my brother and we were walking down the street downtown and we saw people smoking joints in front of the shops. They said people do it there all the time. I would rather live in Dallas if those were the only places I could choose from. I know the dallas area better too. There are lot of good and bad and alot to do in both places.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 3:18 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Move to Georgetown.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 3:31 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Austin IMO is more of a college town. I went to visit my brother and we were walking down the street downtown and we saw people smoking joints in front of the shops.

Only 6th street.
    Anonymous

• Yeah that was the street they took me too. lol I was 17 when i went, coming from a small town, and i thought it was just bizzarre!
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 3:52 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Austin!
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 4:40 PM on May. 10, 2010