What do you do when they are too big to carry?

Seriously, my 14 mos. old daughter is getting too heavy to carry everywhere. She walks pretty well, but it's not like it's with purpose. I can't say, 'honey walk to the car' and have her understand me. Do you just carry them until they're 2 or what!?

danielp

Asked by danielp at 3:20 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• stroller or shopping cart, depending on where you are
    or you just hold her hand and walk
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:21 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Get a stroller or let them walk? My daughter rode in a stroller until she was about 2.5, and by that time she could walk just fine with me in stores, parking lots, ect
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 3:21 PM on May. 10, 2010

• What I mean is around the house and to and from the car. I can use a stroller or grocery cart anywhere else.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:23 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I still wear my DD in my Moby wrap or a use a sling. She is 15mo. Sometimes she sits in the cart too
    Anonymous

• hold their hand and assist them?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:24 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Carry them.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:24 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Maybe you need to get your upper body strength to be a bit better. At 14 months, the kiddo shouldn't be THAT hard to carry around.
    Anonymous

• I carry mine until they are about two in the situations you describe. But generally that is because I am in a hurry and can't wait for however long it takes them to mosey along.
    MillyPontipee

Answer by MillyPontipee at 3:29 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Well for one you dont have to carry them around the house, and secondly.. if you cannot carry your child to the car I think you may have a problem
    Anonymous

• Well, I do 40 push ups a day, which I would say is more than enough work on my 'upper body strength.' I guess some women can find a way to make any question antagonistic. I was really curious as to how other women carry around 20 lb. children all day long, esp. up and down stairs.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:31 PM on May. 10, 2010