What do you think when you see a car with a bumper sticker that says....

"War is not the answer"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• There's a difference between not supporting our troops and not supporting the decision to go to war. It is possible to distinguish between the two.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:35 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I think it ruins your car when you put bumber stickers on it
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 3:25 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I THINK....

I agree,

WAR ISN'T the ANSWER!
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 3:25 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I think "so true, but so sad that we are animals that can't seem to wrap our minds around any other way to resolve our situations with others." Humans are weak creatures and true peace is unattainable.
    Anonymous

• I think that would be true in an ideal world, but it is a sad fact in the world we live in that there is a time to fight in order to preserve someone's quality of life. Freedom ain't free.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:26 PM on May. 10, 2010

• OP here...

Do you think it means they do not support our troops?
    Anonymous

• Yes I do think that it means they dont support our troops, which is very sad.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 3:28 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Do you think it means they do not support our troops?

Not unless they have another bumper sticker that says as much. That's a pretty hefty assumption to make.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 3:29 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I never assume that it means they hold malice towards the troops. War may not be the answer, but they could support the lives lost and effort made to obtain peace, even if they feel it isn't the best way.

We teach our kids that war is not the answer. Don't we stop fights from happening and encourage them to talk things out like adults? War really is a animalistic way to deal with things even if it's what we've always done. And I fully support the troops!

I wouldn't, by the way, get a bumper sticker that says that, though. I just am not a fan of bumper stickers. : )
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 3:32 PM on May. 10, 2010

• there's even a group out there that's called veterans against war. They are veterans or still active member or the military and they support the troops but they don't support the idea of war. Every individual has they're own feelings on this subject.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 3:37 PM on May. 10, 2010