correcting your spelling

Do you like it when people correct your spelling in a post?

Kathy7_20

Asked by Kathy7_20 at 3:35 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Of course not, which is why I try hard not to do it to others.

A spelling error or something that is obviously a typo doesn't bother me, but to be honest - I'm much less likely to take an error-littered post seriously.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 3:37 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I've never had anyone do that to me but when I see it I think it's rude. I do see posts sometimes that are written so poorly that I want to correct them, but I don't because I think it's rude.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 3:39 PM on May. 10, 2010

• No, I think it's really dumb, because reguardless of my spelling you still get the point. You could understand it enough to give me the right answer right?...lol
    Anonymous

• no,, sometimes my fingers work faster than my brain,,, and you get letters transposed,, umm did i spell that right>LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:41 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Something about a keyboard brings out the moron in everybody. I was an editor for years and I still have typos I don't see. I don't think you should take spelling corrections too seriously, it's fair game. Ben Franklin once said, "I feel sorry for people who can only spell a word one way". LOL
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 3:42 PM on May. 10, 2010

• It doesn't offend me. If its an obvious error from typing to fast then ignore it but if I am spelling something totally wrong like "reguardless" instead of "regardless" then go ahead and correct me that way I don't look like a fool every time I use the word :)
    Anonymous

• Of course I'd like someone to correct my spelling, if in fact, it was incorrect. Which, by no means, is above me, I make mistakes all the time.

However, if someone comments on my usage of a word, and it is, in fact, correct, I'll sure enough fire back...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:58 PM on May. 10, 2010

• No because I can always hit the spell check feature if I am so touchy about it, now can't I?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:37 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I really only correct a word if they are trying to find info about the misspelled word. I remember someone was looking for info on Crohn's, but spelled it Crone's - well they're not going to get much info on it if it's misspelled. But common typos or minor misspellings I don't bother with. But I also don't bother with a post if it's unreadable due to spelling, grammar and text-ese.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 4:47 PM on May. 10, 2010