More than two children close in age

Ok, I just had my second child about 5 weeks ago, and while it has been overwhelming at times, having 2 under the age of 2, I am not sure that I never want to have another one...and have been thinking we should start trying in about a year...which is completely crazy right? because life is so crazy as it is with the two we have...so I was hoping some mommies out there can tell me if it gets easier after having two, because what is one more? or am I really just crazy? lol And for anyone looking to say rude or negative things...well if it makes you feel better fine..but it won't hurt my feelings:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We are TTC #3 right now =) My DD is 3 and my son just turned a year old. It DOES get easier, and after a while you will not even remember what it felt like having just one. We will def be stopping at 3 though lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 4:09 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I have 3 and love every minute with them. At times it can be a handful and very stressing but, then there are the times when having 3 is absolutely amazing. Just remember they are going to grow up and be out on their own before you know it. Don't rely on others and make it a personal choice....at the same time make sure to only do as much as you feel you can handle.
    momof349

Answer by momof349 at 4:16 PM on May. 10, 2010

• it is not crazy to love your children, love being a mom and want to think about more children in the future!
    i found a big difference between 2, and then more than 2. at that point the parents are outnumbered. our third pregnancy was twins, so we went from 2 to 4 : )
    enjoy your new baby, and your first lo!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:26 PM on May. 10, 2010

• We are TTC number three right now. My son is a year and my daughter is six months.
    I found the transition from one to two children very easy. I went into it knowing that it was going to be easy, because I wasn't going to have it any other way. I think having number three will make it a little more challenging, not going to lie. I will stick to my core set of rules just as I did with my first two ..
    1. I am only one person, if one has to wait then they have to wait.
    2. Choose my battles. Not everything is worth a war. (That goes for kids and husband)
    3. Keep the kids on a the same schedule as much as possible.

Those won't change when number three comes along. Nothing is more then what you make it out to be. Even if they're creating world war three right before your eyes it's still only as bad as your reaction. If you freak out with them they will 1. get worse or 2. carry it on longer (contin)
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:22 PM on May. 10, 2010

• (Contin) longer because you freaked out too. It's easy to raise two kids (I think). Sure we have our days when we all need naps (or a vacation), but overall it's easy. Just take it in stride and if you want number three then you can make it happen. Nothing is ever as crazy, horrible, bad, even happy or great as you make it to be!!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:23 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Sounds only slightly crazy to me... my first two are 15 months apart, and now that my youngest is 20 months, I'm finally able to think about a third...
    Anonymous