What to do with all this cash???

I know I know spend it or pay bills but I want something to show for bills will always be there and me spending it is no fun after all is said and done. See what happened was I started throwing money into this. Ice tea container that I made since 2008 I taped it up and sealed it with duct tape and made a slit on top and promised to not open it until something comes up. Well 2 day is the first day that I ws all alone in a very long time so guess what I opened it but didn't count it I just straighten out all the bills and hid it again I did not want to know the total but I was tempted I am so proud of myself I will continue to do this for awhile longer. My dh if he were to find it it would be gone :( so it's my secret for now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• I say just continue doing what your doing and wait until you actually have something in mind to spend it on.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 4:08 PM on May. 10, 2010

• thats great...i always stash away money too but i always spend it after a month or so..i wish i could save it for that long. how much did you have?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:12 PM on May. 10, 2010

• good for you girl!!! that is awesome!! i dont know what to tell you to do with it cause i suck with money. lol but be proud of your self!!! take your family out shopping?
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 4:15 PM on May. 10, 2010

• i would go on a cruise...you probably have a couple thousand dollars
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:22 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I wish I could stash bills away. The best I can do is change. We need the quarters for laundry but we have gotten into the habit of dumping the pennies, nickels and dimes into our sons piggy bank. it does add up and comes in handy in an emergency. More power to you, this is awesome!
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:35 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Since you say that if your husband ever found it, it would be gone, I would deposit into a savings account he knows nothing about.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:14 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Just continue saving.
    "Bills will always be there" is a horrible thing to say. Your bills are first priority as they allow you to continue living where you are and in the manner you are living. Any extra money should always go to bills first, especially ones that are past due. If you were to get yourself out of debt and stay out of debt, then you would have more money to spend on things you want. Spending money on things you want before your debt is paid is leaving above your means. That's a horrible way to live. Be responsible.

JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:15 PM on May. 10, 2010

• thats the stupid things to do, deposit it in a savings accoutnts, banks are no lomger secure.
    Anonymous

• Bills will not always be there if you are smart with your money. I will never understand people who have to play head games with themselves in order to save money. First priority is the define need vs want.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on May. 11, 2010

• isn't a savings acct. In a bank?
    Anonymous