I have two children with "M" names....we are going to have a third...should I find another "M" name or just go with one we like regaurdless of the letter.

I dont want the third child to feel left out. But I have a boys name that I really like that starts with an H.

????? What would you do??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• This is how the Duggars got started with J names lol.

I would just go with the names I liked. My sister has 4 kids and 3 of them have B names. Her second child has a C name. He says he likes being the only C, that it makes him feel special :)

I don't think kids compare the first letter of their names, or feel left out if they don't have a name that begins with the same letter as the others. Just name your baby what you like :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:10 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Well, coming from a family of all M's (including my parents!), I say go for it! Sure, it got a little old sometimes, but I thought it was cool that all 6 of us had the same first letter.

However, if I couldn't find a good name, I wouldn't settle on something that I don't really like. Hope it works out for ya!
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 4:10 PM on May. 10, 2010

• One of my family friends has 4 boys and they all start with the letter "J". Go with it and it would be totally fine. Just find something that you like that starts with an "M" and use the "H" name as his middle name.
    momof349

Answer by momof349 at 4:12 PM on May. 10, 2010

• We call our neihbors the D's. The parents and all 5 kids first names all start with D.
    My parents named all thier kids names that started with D's or L's. It's really up to you.
    Anonymous

• I have three kids. Two start with "C" and one starts with "A". I say go with the name that you like regardless of what letter it starts with. I didn't intentionally give my kids names that started with the same letter. It just so happened that the names I liked began with the letter "C".
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 4:26 PM on May. 10, 2010

• My 2 younger sisters and I have names that end in the sound "ey"

Bailey, Mallory, Lexi.

My younger brother was blessed with a one-syllable and vowel sound, Drew.

And no, unless you're wanting to shoot for having all M names, I'd pick whatever name you liked best! My DS is Weston, doesn't mean I want a Wyatt or William, though they're good names! What would you name a girl with a W? Yeah, IDK, it's not for me! Definitely your choice, but unless you set out to do it, I wouldn't make it necessary.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:39 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I know a family with 27 J names in the last 3 generations of immediate family members. Not something I'd choose.
    Anonymous

• I doubt your child would feel left out if their name didn't start with "M". Choose a name that you like regardless of the first letter.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:12 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I can't stand that mess! lol unless it's twins, then it's cute. but go w/ the H if you like it. My mom wants me to pick a name for this one w/ it ending in an a since me and my girls' names end in a's. I'm like uhhh, if it turns out like that ok, but if it doesn't, still ok.
    Anonymous