I am so SICK OF BEING BROKE!!!! My dilema...

Hubby and I have 5 kids. I have been a stay at home mom for almost 8 years but ran my own In-home daycare for years. Got so burnt out on child care I cannot stomach the thought of it. My youngest is 3 and I don't want to put her in daycare. My dh is a cop, LONG hours and a very unpredictable schedule. Don't know how to make extra money. I pray and pray but don't know the answer. Should I suck it up and just go back to work for a little extra money after paying daycare? Or should I just accept the fact that right now, we are broke. Hubby is supportive either way of me working or being a SAHM. Money is so tight and debt is suffocating. Scared of getting scammed on some Work at Home thing, and don't have the money to even start anything up anyway. HELPPPPPPP MEEE PLEEEEEEAAAASSSEE!!!!!

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 4:23 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well, if your bills are suffering from this, then yes you should go find a job...but this is a discussion for your husband and you to decide what is beneficial for your household....not for a bunch of women on CM to decide for you.
    Anonymous

• If your youngest is 3 and that is the only child out of 5 children that you have to pay childcare expenses for, then I don't see anything wrong in going back to work. Even if it's just part time.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 4:25 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I agree w/ the PPs... I'd find a PT job. Have you gone through your un-needed things in your home and had a yard sale? Re-evaluated where your money goes? Gone to 1 vehicle, if possible? There are lots of options...
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 4:35 PM on May. 10, 2010

• What do you want to do? Do you want to get back into the work force or are you wanting to stay a SAHM and just make a little extra money on the side? If you have really good self control, Avon is pretty good. I think it's still only $10 to sign up and you really can make money if you don't spend it. (like I did!) If you decide to check it out, focus on giving friends, family, and your husbands co-workers wives the catologs. Even the broke one's will find something to buy from you. I've done the Pampered Chef and managed to make money while spending some of it. It's more expensive to sign up for although you get to keep all the stuff your forced to buy. You also earn free stuff. If you don't spend any you end up making 3-5 hundred dollars in a few hours. If you did Avon, you wouldn't have to get a baby sitter to do it.
    Just some options, GL
    Anonymous

• I was a stay at home mom too. I finally started working this past winter after 4 years off. Even though I work 1 or 2 days a week and get small paychecks it's really nice to be able to cash your own paycheck. My little check just bought garbage bags, detergent, and payed a bill. Its not much but it feels big when you're used to scraping pennys. Oh, and I also pay daycare for those days.
    Blueloveaura

Answer by Blueloveaura at 4:44 PM on May. 10, 2010

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 4:47 PM on May. 10, 2010

• See if your mom, your siblings, or a friend/neighbor will babysit for free or a cheap cost.
    Then you can get a part-time job and still be able to keep your kids out of daycare.

There are jobs you can do at home. Telemarketing jobs are mostly work frome home. Medical Billing, etc.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:06 PM on May. 10, 2010

• AVON!!!! everyone loves it and wants it, you could sell at your church too. or you could work at a daycare pt so your kid would have a spot and you'd get paid
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 5:15 PM on May. 10, 2010