When you pray but don't feel like you've received an answer, or just can't figure it out.

I have one major issue in my life. But I am happy and blessed beyond measure. There is just this one thing, don't know what to do. Have been praying about it for years but never taken a definite action, too confused. Whenever I have been ready to take a step, something happens and I am unable to, literally. Is God trying to tell me not to do it? Since you don't know what the issue is, my ? is just about prayers. What does it mean if you don't feel you've gotten a definite answer to one? Have any of you had this happen in your life, what was the outcome?
Thank you and God bless.

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 4:30 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sometimes God just wants to trust Him... if we know His character then thats easy to do... Sometimes it takes faith and sometimes you just need to shelf it. I have done all three from time to time. Timing is so important as well.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:32 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I have two answers. First of all, I agree with Shaneagle, that maybe it just is not the right time and God/Goddess is not giving you the answer because it isn't the right time. OR it could be that you need to take a different approach. You might try envisioning the outcome you want. I have done this successfully many times in my life and it works. I also tend to think that our lives are like one thread in a huge tapestry. You can't see how your unanswered prayer fits in... but down the road, maybe many years from now, if you could see the whole tapestry, you would see it. If you are a Christian I would just say that you need to trust that God is doing the best thing for you. He has your best interests at heart. "All things work together for the good of them that love the Lord". I'm not a Christian anymore, but I always have loved that verse. I believe that is true whether you believe in the Christian idea of god or not
    FemRising

Answer by FemRising at 4:36 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I agree with FemRising, If this something is meant to happen, a time will come when there will be no blocks for you to accomplish it... There are reasons behind why or why not something is done or not done at this time. Keep your faith and continue to pray, your answers will show themselves when it is right to do so.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:42 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Sometimes, the answer to a prayer is "no"
    Anonymous

• To me, it means you're praying to the Invisible Brick Wall. Unemotional. Unmovable. Unhearing. Unseeing. And so on. Most of my spells and rituals have worked, but there is one particular one that I cast and nothing happens. After many times of trying, I have decided that it is time to stop trying and let the Universal energy decide what happens. Sometimes, in trying and striving against karma or fate, or whatever you call it, you forget to live. You forget to be happy with all that you have. Let whatever is going to happen...just happen.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 6:59 PM on May. 10, 2010

• God wants us to remind him of his promises................Not, because he's forgotten, but to let him know we know those promises and it's ok to ask for a sign. We have to be willing to accept his will though. Some of God's greatest gifts, are unanswered prayer. I know some have a problem with that, but you need to remember..........Children reach out for a lot of things too, and thankfully mommy or daddy come along to save them from what they want and when it's good for them, we let them have what they seek. That is why the Bible Say's we need to have the faith of a child. If we had the ability to see the danger in some of our prayer requests as God can, we would think a lot different when we want to feel that God let us down or doesn't care.

GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 6:19 AM on May. 11, 2010

• i have no way of telling.
    madcat500

Answer by madcat500 at 1:22 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I think if your not getting an answer or the answer you want then i think the answer is NO. good luck and god bless
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2010