Did you know that facebook is NOT a safe place?

I didn't know this until recently. A lot of privacy issues. I am deleting my account asap!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• What do you mean "safe"?
    Anonymous

• There is no expectation of privacy on the internet, anywhere, period.
    Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 4:40 PM on May. 10, 2010

• nothing on the internet is 100% private silly.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:41 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I read about that in the paper yesterday as well. I never had a facebook account, so I don't really care. You shouldn't be putting so much personal information on the internet anyway.....
    Anonymous

• What, you mean I can't post my address, passwords, pics of my kids, etc on a public website and expect to be totally safe from everything?!?
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 4:41 PM on May. 10, 2010

• the internet isnt safe, cafemom isnt safe. mysapce isnt safe, walking across the street isnt safe
    you have a choice on what to put on those accounts I keep mine to a minimal. I never give anything personal or even my location
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:42 PM on May. 10, 2010

• It is as safe as you make it. Don't post personal information. Keep track of who you are allowing onto your pages and how much information certain people can get. Don't post you address, phone number, your kids daycare... the internet is a great place to connect as long as you are doing so wisely and selectively.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:47 PM on May. 10, 2010

• There isn't a site on the internet that is 100% safe. Every hacker and virus creator will find a way, because there's always a way. If they're determined enough they'll get through and they'll mess it up for everyone. Yes, FB has been having issues with viruses through some of their member's fan pages. Mostly with the Farmville related fan pages that claim to get you free farmville cash. They're a scam and are fake.

As far as the security issues they have made great strides to getting any issue fixed over the last few months. EVERY website has an issue here and there. As I said, there is no safe place on the internet 100% of the time. Every site has the potential to be hacked, virus linked, etc. It's inevitable. It's the internet.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:02 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Well DUH!!!! Its the internet. Where nothing is safe, nothing is 100% true all the time and not all women are really women.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:23 PM on May. 10, 2010

• lmao. I don't post anything on the internet I am not comfortable with the whole internet seeing. You must be pretty dim...

Just in case you didn't know... cafemom is not "safe" either...
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 5:53 PM on May. 10, 2010