How do i travel 1400 miles with a 3 month old?

My bf and I are getting ready to visit our family in our home town which is 1400 miles away. The last time we visited the trip took about 2 days. How am i supposed to travel all that way and take care of my 3 month old son? As much as he eats and needs to be changed it seems like I am gonna have to stop every 2 hrs which will take A LOT longer to get there! Any tips on traveling with an infant??

JesikaLynn

Asked by JesikaLynn at 4:46 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Travel

• Definitely plan for it to take MUCH longer. That's about all I CAN advise. If you can take a flight or have THEM come to YOU, do that.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:48 PM on May. 10, 2010

• patiently lol good luck mama i couldnt do it. Im traveling 1000 miles this summer with a 2 yr old a 1 yr old and im paying someone to take our stuff and I'm flying to the place we're going. I couldn't make a drive like that.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:49 PM on May. 10, 2010

• We drove from MA to IL with a 2 year old and a 3 month old. We drove straight through...didn't stay in a hotel for the night or anything...it was a 22hour drive. Our 3 month old slept a lot...as most of them do when they are in a moving car. You just have to stop every couple hours to change and feed them. It's not as hard as you think.
    Anonymous

• I did a 12 hour trip with my daughter when she was about 6 months old. I left at like 5 or 5:30 in the morning. Honestly she slept most of the trip. If she was asleep I just kept right on driving unless I was about to run out of gas or pee myself. When I did stop, I would do everything. Get gas, walk my dogs (had two dogs with me), go to the bathroom, get myself something to eat and drink, change her diaper, and feed her. Since she slept so much on the way there I had no expectations that she was going to go to sleep at a halfway decent time once I got to where I was going.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:51 PM on May. 10, 2010

• My husband and I made the trip from CT to FL 2 times when our oldest was 2 months old when we were house hunting and 1 time when he was 3 and 1/2 months old when we ultimately moved. Honestly, he slept most of the time. I was breastfeeding so we would just stop at rest stops when he was hungry and I breastfed him in the car.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 5:17 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Ok thanks! All these tips gave me a little more insight. I suppose it isn't as hard as i thought it would be lol
    JesikaLynn

Answer by JesikaLynn at 6:23 PM on May. 10, 2010

• When DD was 2-3mo old we drove from Houston Tx to Kentucky, it was Storming the whole way up there almost.... DD did pretty good, we had to stop more often than usual but it wasnt that bad. If your baby is good in a carseat usually they will ride pretty easy & sleep alot. be ready to try to entertain & bring blinky/colorful toys..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:26 PM on May. 10, 2010

• we are driving from Houston TX to Winchester VA!! He usually is pretty good in the car, so hopefully it wont be that difficult. Bringing toys is a great idea!
    JesikaLynn

Answer by JesikaLynn at 11:18 PM on May. 11, 2010