Something just doesn't feel right...

I'm 8wks (I think, I have irregular periods, and OB didn't test my HCG levels) with my 2nd pregnancy, and I've had this odd feeling on the left side of my uterus. DH asked me one night how the doctor can tell how big your uterus is. So I laid down on my back, and showed him how to palpate on the stomach to feel the height of the uterus. Once he pressed (ever-so-slightly) on the left side of it, a stinging pain shot up my back and down my leg to my toes.

This didn't ever happen to me with my first.

Now, I notice the discomfort more and more, if I sit too quickly, stand too quickly, etc... my vision has blurred more. And my urine is clear, but smells awful... and I KNOW I'm not dehydrated. I have cut pop out of my diet, and most sweets too, just the occasional fruit-snacks or chex-mix... every so often a cupcake.

Oh, and my new OB said my cervix was WAAAAY high, and she couldn't even get the speculum in it because my

matobe

Asked by matobe at 5:02 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• pelvic bone was in the way... SUPER UNCOMFORTABLE, I cried when she tried to find it.

Any idea what this might mean? Could it just be the difference in the pregnancies? Or is this cause for concern?

I have another appt on 5-18.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 5:03 PM on May. 10, 2010

• It does seem weird to me as well. It could be possible that after your first pregnancy, things got a little messed up in there. Did they even do an ultrasound yet? I would be concerned about an eptopic pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like round ligament pain. (Muscles stretching)
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 10:00 PM on May. 10, 2010