Why are boys slower to potty train?

How come?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on May. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Boys in general are slower to mature. It may be that they take a little longer to mature and be ready to hit that milestone.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:32 PM on May. 10, 2010

• OP, I so know what you mean... Give it time, it will happen. My son was so hard to train. The girls were done in a week and one in a few days..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:38 PM on May. 10, 2010

• My peditrician told me it would take longer for my son to recognize the need to go in advance and also longer for him to be able to physically control (hold it until he makes it to the potty) than it would for my daughter.
    Anonymous

• My daughter took forever! A couple of months! And my son - well we had him moved to an older class because of his size (he had some "hitting" issues and we figured he wouldn't want to hit someone bigger than him, or he'd learn pretty quick not to hit) and the teacher had him potty trained in two weeks! No night time accidents, nothing...all before his second birthday. At the preschool he was at, she had to be "the potty whisperer". When she told me to bring in underwear for him I told her "but he's not even 2 yet" and she told me she thought he was older. I love her - I totally think it's about the person training them because that woman worked a miracle!
    mybratsmom

Answer by mybratsmom at 7:20 PM on May. 10, 2010