Why is being on PA considered a shame?

I read constantly on CafeMom posts about people complaining about other people on PA or other kind of assistance and people saying: "I'm not on PA", like they would say: "I have never killed anybody".
Life is so short why are you wasting it hating? Are you going to bring your money in your grave? I'm not from USA, I don't need any PA and I don't think who is having financial problems should be feel guilty if they get an help.
I'm not talking about people who take advantage (before somebody start to talk about the crack addict who sell the food stamp or the woman who buy just beer!).
I don't mean to be annoying I just wish it would be different on Cafè Mom, I wish the moms on here would support each other instead of backstabbing all the time.

shining8250

Asked by shining8250 at 5:33 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Seriously! I posted a question earlier asking how moms carry really heavy toddlers around, just b/c I was curious if anyone had any ideas for me and I got a bunch of really bitchy responses. Some women called me lazy and one said I need more upper body strength! Umm, I just wanted some freakin' ideas! It doesn't matter what you post about, there are angry bitc--s lurking on this site. I often wonder how some of them got anyone to even get them pregnant in the first place!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:39 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I think that being on PA is only a shame to the people who abuse it. Who could be doing more for themselves but instead they choose the "easy road". However, I do feel there are plenty of people who are on it that really do need the assistance. They work their butts off to provide for their children and struggle. I say for those who have worked hard and try their best to make it, they are the ones who deserve it most.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 5:41 PM on May. 10, 2010

• popcorn

Anonymous

• if its not a shame then why did you feel the need to point out that you are not on PA?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:01 PM on May. 10, 2010

• "Nobody bashes people who LEGITIMATELY need TEMPORARY assistance. The bashing is directed at those who use PA as a way life instead of getting a job. But let's be honest - there are lot of really lame reasons why people say they can't work."

No, no, on here ALL the people on PA are bashed and classified like loser, this is the feeling I'm having, a reason that can be lame for you, could be a serious reason for somebody other, we shouldn't talk if we're not in the situation.

shining8250

Answer by shining8250 at 6:07 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Answered at 5:49 PM on May. 10, 2010 by: Anonymous
    Nobody bashes people who LEGITIMATELY need TEMPORARY assistance. The bashing is directed at those who use PA as a way life instead of getting a job. But let's be honest - there are lot of really lame reasons why people say they can't work.

My thoughts exactly! It is the people who ABUSE the system who are constantly bashed and those who see nothing wrong with making it a lifestyle instead of a temporary solution.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 6:16 PM on May. 10, 2010

• "Seriously! I posted a question earlier asking how moms carry really heavy toddlers around, just b/c I was curious if anyone had any ideas for me and I got a bunch of really bitchy responses. Some women called me lazy and one said I need more upper body strength! Umm, I just wanted some freakin' ideas! It doesn't matter what you post about, there are angry bitc--s lurking on this site. I often wonder how some of them got anyone to even get them pregnant in the first place! "

I came on here to look for some friends because since I'm living here I always been alone, but I was really shocked by the amount of insults and mean women. Every time you write something you automatically become a punch ball and all the women throw all their frustration on you.

shining8250

Answer by shining8250 at 6:17 PM on May. 10, 2010

• "if its not a shame then why did you feel the need to point out that you are not on PA?"

I also wrote that I'm not from USA, I wrote that to make you understand that I don't have any interest to "defend" people on PA.
    shining8250

Answer by shining8250 at 6:23 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Is it? I don'tknow. If someone needs help, PA is fine. If someone pretends they are disabled, for instance, to get help and not have to work, then that is a terrible thing. But....I wish these questions would ....stop.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:16 PM on May. 10, 2010

• If you need it, I see nothing wrong with it. People need to quit judging.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 8:10 PM on May. 10, 2010