Questions about miscarriage

Can anyone give me more info on what a miscarriage is like? I am 1 week late on my period, started cramping and spotting, took a pregnancy test and it came back positive. How long will the cramping and spotting/bleeding last for before I start to worry? Any info you can give is appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Oh sweetie,, it just depends,, sometimes spotting is normal,, I have had several miscarrys :(-- I would say you should make an appointment with your doctor,, and get your HCG levels checked. I know it is hard, but try not to worry until you can get in. If you experience heavy bleeding,, more than a maxi pad per hour or clotting, go to the ER,,, usually the spotting is dark {like old blood). You might just be having that, and that is pretty normal. I will say my prayers for you tonight! Let me know how it goes,,, I will be happy to offer you support if you need it!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:59 PM on May. 10, 2010

• When i had a miscarriage it was heavy heavy bleeding and real painfull. I was also extremely nauseated and had diarrhea (tmi). It can be normal to have some spotting. Early pregnancy you can have implantation bleeding. When the fertalized embryo attatches to the wall thats implantation. You can have your full period while pregnant. Some people do. I had a tad of implantation bleeding, then some heavy bleeding at 14 weeks, and then again at 22 weeks with my son and hes sitting next to me now. A happy healthy ten month old. Try not to stress. I know its hard. Like the PP said, do have your hgc levils checked as soon as you can. Thats the only way to tell for sure. Cause this early your little one doesnt have a detectable heartbeat. Good luck hun. And if you get too freaked, just go to the er. Thats always an option.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:22 PM on May. 10, 2010