What do you do when you're home alone with your kids and you CANNOT keep your eyes open and they won't take a nap?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 6:23 PM on May. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• When my oldest was little and I had that problem, I would go into his room with him, it was completely childproofed. I would let him play and lay in front of the door and take a cat nap. I knew he was safe, because I was right there and there was nothing he could get into that would hurt him.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:26 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Well, with my 1 year old, I stick some books in her crib and close the door! It's not going to hurt her to play in her crib for 30 mins. while I try to sleep.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 6:25 PM on May. 10, 2010

• When my husband was little my MIL did the same thing as sleepingbeautee only she slept across the hallway floor.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:29 PM on May. 10, 2010

• my living room is baby proof so i put up tha baby gate, turn on her barney movie and lay on the couch. she is 19 months. she will usually come lay on me and we rest together.
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 6:30 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Fortunately, this has never happened to me. About 6 months ago, I was sick and thankfully, hubby was home to take care of my daughter, because I was so tired and felt so yucky that I actually fell asleep on the couch....and I never do that.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:32 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Call a neighbor; I have a couple I have shared childcare with over the years.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:56 PM on May. 10, 2010

• i put them in the bedwith me and turn off the lighst. make sure all the doors are closed and all the plugs are sealed and there is nothing dangerous on the floor then I tell my DD, she four, that its nap time and she is not allowed out the bed only to go potty and i put my one year old in the bed with me too . he falls to sleep easy once the lights are out .
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 7:12 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Stick the kettle on and have a cup of coffee.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 7:15 PM on May. 10, 2010

• My son naps so I haven't encountered this yet but what about putting them in their beds or cribs with a few books and telling them it's quiet time or reading time and you will come get them when that time is over.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 7:16 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I have her rest with me.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 7:19 PM on May. 10, 2010