Is it normal to think that everything you eat is going to make you fat?

I think that! I'm not fat, but I still think it. It doesn't stop me from eating, though! Do other women think this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope. A healthy, well-rounded diet does not make you fat and neither does an occasional splurge.

Think of it this way... food is energy - nothing more, nothing less. If you fuel your body with the right types and amounts of foods, they will be used up as energy and not stored as fat. Food should not have the ability to make you feel guilty. It is not a person, it is not love, it is not friendship, it is just energy.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 6:41 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I always think that if I eat the correct amount of good foods,I won't be fat. ANd that is true. But I am a bit overweight now and I know why: I eat too much junk food. There is no excuse...I need to lose 15 pounds and the only way I can do it is to eat less , exercise/walk more and make sure I read the labels.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:06 PM on May. 10, 2010

• No, you need food to survive. As long as you eat the food you need to properly function through the day and your personal activities you won't get fat.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 7:19 PM on May. 10, 2010

• No thats kind of a sign of an eating disorder. But if your eating well and are at a normal BMI I see no point in seeking help.
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 7:34 PM on May. 10, 2010

• No that's not normal.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:04 PM on May. 10, 2010