How is this fair? Or right even?

How come atheists/homosexuals/etc. Can get special rights and whatnot, but Christians can't? We are constantly getting our freedoms taken away because it might offend someone. Well, what if someone was offended by, let's say, a big anti-God protest, would they not be allowed to do it? No because it's "freedom of speech". How is this fair? I know I'll probably get a lot of arguments for this, but I don't care. I'm a Christian, pro-life, conservative mom, and I'm proud of it! Christians are constantly being ridiculed for what we believe in, but hey, at least I know where I'm going when I die!

AirForceWife14

Asked by AirForceWife14 at 6:43 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• LOL. I agree with you honey, but you just opened a can of worms! Good luck with this post.
    Anonymous

• I'm going to hold back here, out of fear of what I might do. You christians have had hundreds of years of privilege heaped upon you since the Emperor Constantine made your little cult official. The government of the United States, which is supposed to represent ALL the religions of ALL the people, has been closing their offices on your holidays (many of which were stolen from Pagan religions). They have declared days of prayer and opened government meetings with christian prayer. And now that the other religions and beliefs--who have been virtually IGNORED for the past 200 years--are starting to demand equal treatment from THEIR OWN GOVERNMENT, you privileged christians are boo-hooing over being persecuted and ridiculed--something you have been doing to Jews, Atheists, Pagans, and other minorities for years. So SUCK IT UP, sister. You had your time. 2,000 years of it!!!!!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 6:52 PM on May. 10, 2010

• You are allowed to voice your opinions anywhere. The attack you are seeing is of Christianity being in the government. Having the Commandments taken out of courthouses, getting "in god we trust" off our money... the government has no place in religion and religion has no place in government, unless you live in a theocracy, which the Constitution strictly prohibits with Separation of Church and State.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:54 PM on May. 10, 2010

• The problem is that freedom of religion is a law it is a right. However so many think that Christian thought should rule the country how is that fair. Maybe there would be so many anti-god protest if you didn't shove God of which they don't believe down their throats. Did you ever consider that? Or is it all about you and what you want? What is fair for you and yours, but no one else?
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:56 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I think it would help if you had an example of a special right you feel atheists and/or homosexuals have.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:57 PM on May. 10, 2010

• OH BOOHOO, come off it OP. Try living the life of a person who is of another religion in a predominantly Christian country and then tell us WHO is persecuted. We are SICK of living in closets ok. You are just sore because other religions are finally standing up and saying "HELLO we are here too"  

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:58 PM on May. 10, 2010

• See I am very pro constitution and the way that the constitution is written, and for our country to live by it, but I have to agree with you. Also the constitution says we have freedom OF religion, which means everyone has the right to worship any way they please, but it does not say that people have the right to freedome FROM religion, wich is what people seem to want. What are we supposed to do take the word God out of the constitution too, no. It also means that no one should have the right to take religion out of things (christian definitly included) because people are offended because it isnt there religion. That is NOT what our constitution says.
    Anonymous

• Anon that is not why people want it. They want it because living by Christian rules hinders on their own beliefs and on their rights, that they should have in this country of freedom. Just because Christians want it their way.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:04 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Umm where in the constitution does it say we are a Christian nation? The only time religion is brought up is in Article 6.

Religion makes only one direct and obvious appearance in the original Constitution that seems to point to a desire for some degree of religious freedom. That appearance is in Article 6, at the end of the third clause:

[N]o religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:05 PM on May. 10, 2010

• pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:06 PM on May. 10, 2010