how soon will they let you deliever?

i am going on 36 weeks and having a lot of pressure and pain if i can go into labor how soon will the doctors let me deliever?

EchoMommy04

Asked by EchoMommy04 at 6:46 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The doctors don't let you do anything, YOU are the boss, not them.

If you went into labor now they would probably not try to stop your labor.

That said, if you're not gonna go into labor on your own early, it's safest to wait. Induction increases your risks and your baby's risks.

I know these last weeks are so uncomfortable! Hang in there and keep busy, you will feel less uncomfortable!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:51 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I'm pretty sure they'd let you go. My OB does if your in active labor and 36wks+
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 7:06 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I went naturally with my second child at 36 weeks and they let me go.
    Anonymous

• yeah..they are right. theres a time line on these things. once your past a certain point, they dont fight it.
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 7:48 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Why would you want to deliver at 36wks a baby's lungs could not be fully developed I know my baby's lungs weren't they did an amino test to find out when so they gave me a set of steroids and repeated the test a week later and than I was able to deliver right at 37wks and my baby was fine but if I would have delivered a wk earlier she would have ended uo in the NICU your almost their at least wait tell 38wks and when they induce it dosent increase the chances of anything every baby needs their 9mths if possible....

Anonymous

• Generally, 36 weeks is considered a full-term pregnancy. They probably wouldn't stop your labor at that point.

I definately would NOT recommend trying to go into labor at this point, however. If your baby was ready to come, you would be in labor already. Also, EDDs & u/s measurements can be off by up to 2 weeks, so while you may think you are 36 weeks, you may only actually be 34 weeks, which is NOT a full-term pregnancy. Your baby could be looking at time in the NICU, even at 36 weeks, so please don't risk it.
    Being uncomfortable is part of being pregnant... Just bear with it so you can do the best thing for your baby. It's not about you right now. Sorry.
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 9:03 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I agree with PP's that they won't try to stop your labor at this point, but trying to start a labor now isn't a good idea either.
    Anonymous