why??

I hate freedom of speech.. you should NOT have the rights to threaten someone and you have to wait till they do anything in order to have the cops involved.
my son's father threaten to kidnap Nathan, and I called the sheriff department and they say there's nothing they can do right now.. not even a restraining order or a peace treaty thing to make sure it won't happen.. wtf

kittenripmaygo

Asked by kittenripmaygo at 6:46 PM on May. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, that is the way our system works, it sucks but it is what it is.

Answer by older at 6:48 PM on May. 10, 2010

• The Polly Klaas Foundation has compassionate and professional case workers who can help you prevent family abduction. If you have any reason to believe you and your child are in danger of family abduction, contact them immediately at 1-800-587-4357.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 6:51 PM on May. 10, 2010

• OMG that would be terrifying! i am sorry:(
    Anonymous

• Do you have full custody of your child through the family court? Keep in mind that if you don't have a formal custody agreement, the system also assumes both parents are legal guardians. I only tell you this because if your coo coo ex takes your son, they may still not do anything about it if they think he has legal custody. Make sure to talk to an attorney. Good luck.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 8:18 PM on May. 10, 2010

• the sheirff only said becausewe never got married and that we didn't go to court, I am the custodial parent
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 9:43 PM on May. 10, 2010

• That's a horrible thing to say about your own child, please keep him extra close. My DH's father kidnapped him and his younger brother after the parents had split when DH was about 5, they got the both of them back the next day. But he's 26 now and still has horrid nightmares of that night. His younger brother was a bit too young to remember any of it, thankfully.

I hate to say it, but I do blame my MIL for part of it, his dad had threatened to do it...and she left both boys with a very young babysitter to go out on a date one night and he came over and just took the boys out of the house.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 3:23 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Well here in good ole Ohio, you do NOT have the right to say things or do things that seem threatening or make people afraid! My ex DH learned that one the hard way!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:04 AM on May. 11, 2010