TMI- period odor question?

I recently grew back my pubic hair after years of going bare and started using pads instead of tampons. I notice now that after my period is over, there is still a "blood" smell no matter how much I wash. When there was no hair I didn't have this issue. I can only conclude that since hair is porous, it holds on to the scent of the waste. I bathe with Summer's Eve Feminine Wash and have also tried regular soaps and a mixture of baking soda and white vinegar. But the smell is still there at least a couple of days no matter what. What else can I do besides shave?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Deoderant.
    Anonymous

• I think you are worrying too much and using too many Feminine Products just because of all the commecials and the pressure on women to be absolutely fresh and clean. DOn't worry about it. Just take a shower every day. It will be fine.The natural "flora" will be disturbed and you could get an infection if you "clean" too much , really. Douches are bad.
    Anonymous

• If you don't make a big deal out of it no one else will smell it. All that may just be making the problem worse. Maybe you should go back to using tampons. Growing out your hair and switching to pads just leads to one big mess it seems like. And be sure to use cotton underwear while on your period. So your body can breathe.
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 7:25 PM on May. 10, 2010