Question- All faiths

I was just wondering, What has made you choose and pratice your religion? If it is the religion that you were taught from birth, have you looked into other religions to see if this is the religion that you actually agree with or you embrance it because thats all you have known. Please be kind in response no need for BS or fighting!! thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was raised in the "religion" that I belong to now, from birth. I did however between the age of 18 and 20 have nothing to do with my church, and "fell away". I did look into other religions, especially that of my boyfriend at the time, and I have always had friends withe different religious backgrounds as well. But when huge life decisions smacked me in the face, I prayed about it, because I know God stilled exists, and was led back to what I was raised as. I still practice my beliefs today because I know in my heart and my spirit that the things I was taught were true and right.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 7:03 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I had a rough idea of what I believed in and found a religion that shared the same belief's and value system that I do.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 7:01 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Im an atheist that was raised Catholic. I feel I have always been an atheist thought and I cant pin point why, its just what Ive always felt.
    Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 7:02 PM on May. 10, 2010

• No it is not how I was raised though it is in my ancestry and I grew up around it. I chose it because it spoke to me.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:06 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I was raised in religion and am now an atheist and a witch. I chose atheism because it was the logical conclusion to all the contradictions in religion and holy books, and the explanation for the absense of any proof that deities exist. I chose witchcraft because of a mystical, spirit-inhabited life and the wish to direct my own destiny. To own my own power. In retrospect, I have always been a witch and an atheistic skeptic. I just didn't know what to call it back then.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 7:09 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school from 7thgrade on through high school. I wasn't raised in a religious home though. My parents never talked about God at home.

After I got married I tried many different churches, I was open to anything. I just wanted to find something that felt right to me. I found that in the Catholic Church. I had avoided going to the Catholic Church by my house because I wanted to look into other religions and I didn't want to attend a church just because it was big, or pretty, or near my house. However the Catholic Church we finally went to was one that both dh and I loved.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:12 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I need to pre-type this out and then only copy and paste...LOL... this question is asked at least once a week around ere...LOL...

I was raised Missouri Lutheran Synod... I am now a Wiccan who practices Witchcraft...
    I am who I am bc it fits who I am... It fits what I believe in... that even within religion there is to be a balance... Mother Goddess and a Father God... not only a 1/2 of a whole ...
    I have been this my whole life, only until a few yrs ago did I know that it had a name and a true path to follow...
    I
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:22 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I was Christian and couldn't find a church that totally matched my belief of the Bible. I came on cafemom in one of the religious groups and asked if there is a church close to what I believe someone told me use the quiz to belief.net.

The detailed quiz matched me 100% to Islam. So I started learning about it and to my surprise it was so close to what I believed. Over the next 4-5 months I learned about it and then converted.

I am at peace now and now the Bible and my beliefs all make 100% sense to me. A great feeling!
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 7:23 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I cant really tell you why it just sort of happened after a lot of wierd things happened in my life. When I asked a couple friends for more info they gave me some book ideas and I read a few books and thought alot about it.

As I read and thought/pondered I felt a peace and joy that went to the bottom of my soul(and toes too). Thats why I am what I am today...I just knew once I felt that that I was on the right path for me.

My journey has been amazing so far.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:30 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Raised Lutheran....but it never felt right to me. I always knew in my heart that what they tried to "teach" me was BS(to me). My heart always spoke differently to me and one day, I decided to finally listen.
    I am now a spiritual atheist:)
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:35 PM on May. 10, 2010