going back to school

I am thinking of going back to school to get my ECE. The problem is I really want another baby. If I have one now (or soon) I will have to wait a while to go back to school. If I go back to school there will be 4-5 year gap between my children.
What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That is a question that only you can answer. I will tell you, however, that many schools offer distance learning programs that you can complete solely online. That would allow you to stay at home and have another child while completing your college work. Just search "ECE online programs."
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 7:04 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Try making a list of pros and cons. I managed to do college and have my kids because I had plenty of family and friends to help out. A lot of the people I've met and grew up with were on average 4 years apart from their siblings. I have a twin sister and a few other siblings within a couple years of my age and then I have three other siblings that are 6 - 10 years younger than me and while I have more in common with my sister and brothers closer to my age I don't think I'm more distant from my younger sister and brothers.
    Anonymous

• Can't you do that through an online/at-home program? I think you can get your associates through Penn-Foster. If it's easier go to school and if/when you get pregnant transfer to an online institution around the time you hit your maternity leave period.
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 7:33 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I'm pregnant AND going to school at the same time. It is possible to do. I also have a 3.5 year old, so my kids will be almost 4 full years apart in age, and I don't see a problem with it at all.
    Anonymous

• I went to school while pregnant, and worked, with both of them.
    But also, a 5 year gap is working great for us. Either way you choose, it will work out.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:58 PM on May. 10, 2010