how do you get rid of a yeast infection naturally

i have had one for 2 days now it is soooo painful. how do i get rid of it naturally ? does it just go away? i havent had one since i was literally 13. i dont remember what my remedy was. enlighten me on what you do!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Health

• I was told to use a garlic glove and let it be there over night. You can tie a string around it if you are worried about losing it. I have never done it. Never had to. But that is what i was told you could do.
    Anonymous

• I heard yogurt helps
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 7:23 PM on May. 10, 2010

• It won't go away on its own.. They make a medication you can buy at the drug store to insert and leave in over night for 3 to 7 days depending on which one you buy. The also make a pill you take but you have to get that from the Dr.. Alot of people use yogurt, not sure if you insert it in the vaginal or not or if you just eat it... Sorry, no help there..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:27 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Acidophilus. Go to your local GNC. Make a paste out of the powder and insert it 2x daily. in about 3 days you'll be yeast free. Take it internally as well, for about a month. Also have your dh take it, since he can pass the yeast infection back to you. Bleach your shower (its the same family as athletes foot, jock itch, etc. to get rid of it where it is most likely to grow), use your bath towel only once and wash them in HOT water. go pantyless @ night if you can too, to get some air.

I am highly prone to yeast infections, and I will tell you the #1 best way to prevent them is to shave. If there is no hair for the yeast to grow in, then it's not a problem. If you're not too uncomfortable to shave, or at least trim really, really, really short, it will help get rid of it even sooner. The hair traps moisture which will help the yeast grow.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:57 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Acidophilus. Buy the one at the health food store that is refrigerated. Also take Grapefruit Seed Extract (NOT grapeseed), 3 capsules a day. Stop eating all sugar, dairy, and bread (this is what feeds the yeast). Shaving will not help. You can get yeast infection in any fold of skin, hair has nothing to do with it. I have thrush (yeast infection) in both breasts right now.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 8:18 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Thriving, I hate to contradict you (again)... BUT reducing the environment does make a HUGE impact, as I have also battled w/ yeast for 10+ years (since my first pregnancy). It is correct that it will grow and thrive in any moist, warm environment, and reducing the environment does make easier the prevention of an unexpected outbreak.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:37 PM on May. 10, 2010