Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can I do, what would/have you done in this situation? Help me Please.

I don't know what else to do, I have taken my son to over 3 psychiatrist and none have helped. My son is 8 yrs. old, he is being mistreated mentally, emotionally by his father and his step-mother and her daughter. I found out this weekend that my son's father let him play the video game thats rated R ,my son tells me that now he knows when a person shoots themself in the head, its called suicide. I am flaming on the inside; infront my son i am explaining the "don't do" talk & if you ever feel...Thingshave just been growing, now this. My child says, his father squeazes his head to fuss at him, or to get him to do or stop doing whatever. Last month my son got a detention for fighting with a kid that hit him, the office at school calls me bc my son is screaming, crying "don't make me go to my dad's house, he is going to hurt me and punish me". The principal says to me, unless there are marks can't do anything. What to do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on May. 10, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Answers (4)
  • The first thing I would do is start keeping records....I might even contact a lawyer to see what type are the best when seeking full custody. Take pictures, video....


    Answer by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on May. 10, 2010

  • Call child protective services on his dad!

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on May. 10, 2010

  • Isn't this a no brainier? Don't let your kid over there anymore.

    Answer by SaraP1989 at 8:43 PM on May. 10, 2010

  • I have to let my son go, the father and I share custody. Just like alot of abused kids, the father doesn't come across as abusive, he has a good job and money.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on May. 10, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.