Does any one have a newborn who refuses to take a binky?

It took us a little over 3 yrs to get the binky away from our son but our almost 4 week old daughter cant stand it, she gags on it every time we have tried so I stopped. should I keep trying every couple of weeks or just not give it to her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Neither of my sons would take one. They were both breastfed and would nurse to comfort themselve. I couldn't get them to take one for anything.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 7:41 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I would take it as a blessing if she doesn't want it. My son never had one.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 7:41 PM on May. 10, 2010

• none of my kids took the binky at all. My 3rd child is thumb sucker though and I would prefer the binky so I could just take it away! She is 2 now.
    Anonymous

• I know a lot of people who say their child never liked pacifiers.
    Anonymous

• Why get her started on it if she doesn't want it.My first child was the same way.One less thing to have to ween her off of.

Anonymous

• My son loved his, my daughter hated hers. I just stopped bothering to offer it. I wish she would have like it though. Now she sucks her thumb. I could throw away the pacifier.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 7:45 PM on May. 10, 2010

• my daughter never took one either she would gag, i breastfed my daughter and she was content after she was done. she would not take a bottle either , she went stright from being breastfed to sippy cup!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 7:47 PM on May. 10, 2010

• My first son loved his binky, my second son never took one, my dd took one for a few months and then she refused it. Every baby is different! If she doesn't want it, just forget about it :-)
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:47 PM on May. 10, 2010

• My DD loved hers... my son never took one!! If the baby doesn't want it that's no big deal, babies don't have to have a binky. I considered myself lucky that I wasn't going to have break him of the habit later! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 7:47 PM on May. 10, 2010

• My daughter hated hers, I BF with her as well...I don't know if that had anything to do with it.
    I bottle fed my breast milk to my sons because they wouldn't latch on, and they liked theirs, but never got attached to them.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 7:48 PM on May. 10, 2010