could i have messed my car up?

i drove by a house that was for rent, to see if it was worth setting a time to look at the inside, and its near my favorite park.. so i decided we drive through and see if the geese were out on the pond, its been raining non stop today but not really hard and i know this park is prone to flooding, i lived her 10 years and it floods every spring...well i wasnt thinking so i went on the side road next to the river to leave the park and came into water that was up to my bumper, couldnt back out cause i had a truck behind me who seemed to be in a hurry so i just drove through, and now my check engine light is on and the car acted funny driving back, almost like it was missing, i just had a tune up 2 months ago, and its a 99. could of the water done something to the engine..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Give it a day and a chance to dry out. At worst, maybe something came loose. I stalled out when I went down a flooded street before. I went as far as to call to have it towed, and then it started right up. If you think that something is wrong, take it in.
    Anonymous

• I agree just let it dry out and see if there is a problem. If major damage was done the car would have stopped running. I think you are ok but I'm not really a mechanic. I do remember my aunt going to a car wash and the car wouldn't start. My uncle had to drive 50 miles to where she was and by the time he got there whatever got wet dried out and the car started! He told her to quit getting car washes so far from home! lol BTW, If the Check Engine light stays on, someone may have to reset it.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:05 PM on May. 10, 2010