Watering down juice?

How long did you dilute juice for your kids? My parents were shocked when I told them I still dilute my 3 year old's juice by half. To me, it made sense because she doesn't mind it, it's cheaper and it's less sugar in her diet.

I'm just wondering what most other people did with diluting juice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on May. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• my dd wont drink juice at all, it makes her sick, but she loves her water she is 18 months old!
    Anonymous

• Until they start complaining about it, so I bet it was about age 5 with my oldest. Until they taste full strength juice, they don't mind. Keep doing it until she doesn't want you too.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:13 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I still water juice down and my daughter is 3 as well, then I have two younger ones as well. Only on occasion, like a juice box or something prepackaged like that will I give it to them non diluted.
    I've found my kids to be hyper if/when I give them the straight stuff lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 8:14 PM on May. 10, 2010

• My oldest was about 4 when I stopped. With my littler ones I do most of the time but sometimes I forget to. They are 2.5 and 1.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 8:20 PM on May. 10, 2010

• OP here: Sleepingbeautee, she's had full strength juice from juice boxes on car trips or at restaurants, but she still doesn't mind it diluted the rest of the time. I guess I can consider myself lucky for that!

I plan on continuing until she says she thinks it tastes gross, but I don't know if that will happen. I don't mind the diluted juice either. lol
    Anonymous

• I still dilute it for my 11 year old. Not 50/50, more like 75% juice to 25% water. He doesn't mind as long as he doesn't see me do it. If he sees me do it then " OMG how could you do that to me." LOL
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:28 PM on May. 10, 2010

• My kids are 7 and (almost) 12, and I STILL dilute their juice 50/50 for everything except OJ, and they KNOW I do it. They can't drink it straight because it tastes too sweet to them. OJ tastes weird at 50/50 but I cut it to 75/25, and it's fine. They don't need the mostly empty calories, anyway.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:43 PM on May. 10, 2010

• My 2 1/2 year old tells me that straight juice taste spicy. lol My other son is 3 1/2 and I still dilute his juice. My boys refuse to drink water but in the summer I dilute it so much they only get about an inch of juice at the top. They never complain.
    Anonymous

• My daughter went from breastmilk to water. We introduced juice as an occasional treat when she was three.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:04 PM on May. 10, 2010

• well my youngest dd is almost 8 and she still drinks it watered down!
    karaa3

Answer by karaa3 at 9:07 PM on May. 10, 2010