I would really like to know....

If you are Christian, how you feel your rights are being stripped away?

If you are Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Pagan, etc....same question?

Also, do you feel Atheists and gays have "special" rights, whereas you have NONE?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 8:14 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• As a Christian, you cannot strip away my rights. Basically, God lives inside of me, and nothing anyone does can take that away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I don't necessarily feel my rights as a Christian are being stripped away... maybe as a citizen!!! (*mumble mumble* health care bill mumble mumble* I think that many atheists and liberals are hung up on petty things like in God we trust being written on our money, etc. I feel like if insurance companies are covering abortions it is wrong... I don't want my premiums going toward that. Its cheaper to have one than raise a child (technically), so pay out of pocket... etc and so forth.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 8:21 PM on May. 10, 2010

• My husband has been told he can't wear religious garb (yarmulke) while at work. There are people who would like to get rid of circumcision all together, including for those people for whom it is a religious obligation.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 8:23 PM on May. 10, 2010

• i totally agree with missb this time...its not about religious issues for me, its personal rights/tax money i'm more concerned with.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:25 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I don't get it. The rights of the religious aren't going anywhere simply cause religion isn't the law. Do you really have any less rights cause 2 guys marry, a woman you don't know has an abortion, or if "under god" is taken out of the pledge??
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 8:27 PM on May. 10, 2010

• oooo I know.

at Christmas time. Trees (which pagans are very quick to claim as theirs) can be placed around courthouse buildings but God forbid someone try to place a baby Jesus.

Christmas has turned into a secular holiday and that is PC to say Happy Holidays but a Merry Christmas will get the ACLU on your door. If you don't want to pray there is nothing wrong with you loudly proclaiming you don't want to pray in a public school but just let a group of Christian say Thanks be to God and we are slammed with separation cries.
    Anonymous

• good points, anon.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:28 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I was not allowed to wear my Catholic HS uniform to work. It was a plain, pleated blue skirt (not plaid) and blouse. the town new of it as a Catholic school uniform and therefore forbidden. However, the girls from public schools were not forced to change and a few of them had pleated solid color skirts. I had to bring extra clothes but others did not. Dress clothes at the business was simply nice clothes without holes or tattering.
    Anonymous

• I feel like I can't cuss when I damn well feel like it.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 8:31 PM on May. 10, 2010

• You can google and find tons of work places that allow a Jewish symbol at Christmas time but not Christian symbols.
    Anonymous