Stamping upon a students freedom of speech?

We see this sort of thing happening more and more.Is it mostly just stemming from California? I do not think American's will settle for this but for so long.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• i think it's funny how they are trying to make it out to be the flag that's offensive and not the "god bless" part. i think that's what the teacher was getting at not that the american flag itself was offensive. i think she should be able to draw it, but the teacher should also be able to be offended by it bc some people believe in the separation of school and church and she might not believe in god. it's her right to be offended as much as it is the child's right to write god bless america.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:29 PM on May. 10, 2010

• IT happens all the time my friend. We have the freedom of speech yet we're the only country who censors fowl language. lol
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 8:29 PM on May. 10, 2010

• FOWL is a word for chickens,hens,ducks....farm animals that lay eggs. FOUL is bad,filthy language.
    it is just bad taste and bad attitude to use FOUL language.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:32 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I would like to hear the teacher's pov-both sides of the story, so to speak.

Angel, Yes when I say the words, I thought perhaps it was the verbiage and not the picture that the teacher might have objected to, but I'd still like to hear from that teacher.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:34 PM on May. 10, 2010

• angevil53 did you listen to the video? The teacher was ASKED what was "offensive" about the drawing.The teacher did not respond.She also told the student that it was offensive and SHE COULD NOT DO THAT.WRONG! The teacher was in the wrong.
    Anonymous

• *saw*
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:35 PM on May. 10, 2010

It is not! It's freedom of speech! It's expressing how one feels when they're pissed, surprised or whatever. I don't think it should be used with every other word, but come on! It's freedom of expression isn't it?
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 8:37 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Yes, Gin...you are free to say anything you want but you just won't give people a good impression or sound very classy,ya know.Good luck with that......
    Anonymous

• The video I saw, only had the student and her mother, no teacher interviewed-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:43 PM on May. 10, 2010