How do I tell him how I feel when he doesn't care?

Well, my DH did it again. He promised me something and got me super excited about it, but in the end did not follow through with his promise. I feel more stupid than upset about it. Last week he sent more than half of his pay check to his family, so I knew he was not going to follow through on his promise. Still I hoped. Then, Saturday night, he didn't come home after work and spent all day gone. He shows up last night with a bag. In the bag was a necklace that was made of a cheap metal that I am allergic to and can not wear, not that I would have worn it. It was too big and just not something I would have worn. He knew that though. I told him why I don't wear jewelery many, many times. That made no difference to him. Then today, he bought our son a movie, took our kids to see Iron Man and left me alone. He spent all day making me feel like I don't exist. How do I let him know how I feel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I FEEL VERY HURT FOR YOU. TELL HIM HOW YOU FEEL AND MAYBE DO THE SAME TO HIM. I SEND YOU LOTS OF HUGS!!! SOMETIMES THEY JUST DON'T THINK BEFORE THEY DO.
    Anonymous

• Promise him something that he'll really want for fathers day and get him something crappy and then ignore him the next day. Let him know how it feels:)
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:44 PM on May. 10, 2010

• That said it all for me "He spent all day making me feel like I don't exist" Tell him that

Answer by admckenzie at 8:54 PM on May. 10, 2010

• i'm mixed on just doing what he did... or giving him more attention. some guys dont know how to show their partners attention- adn he might be one of them. he has to basically, learn by your example. you rub his back, he rubs yours.. you take care of him, he takes care of you, etc. if you ignore him, dont be so mad when it backfires on you in whatever way possible-- "wifey doesnt pay attention to me, so i'll just go out with the boys again"
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 9:59 PM on May. 10, 2010

• well Im not sure what is really going on, was he really trying, my dad gets my mom some terrible jewlery sometimes, but he really really tries, and it breaks my heart for him when she doesnt wear it because he really really tries, so do you think he tried as hard as he could to get you a good gift? Maybe he thought it would have been really nice? Look at things from his side. Did he take the kids out so that you could have some time to yourself, thats a pretty nice gesture if you ask me. Are you being sweet to him, instead of looking at what he is not doing good enough for you, look at what you could do better for him. He doesnt sound incredibly selfish or anything to me. He also sounds like a good father, going and spending the day with his kids. He also tried to buy you something, even if you didnt like it. Where my concerns would be is that he didnt come home saturday night, until sunday night. Do you know why?
    Anonymous

• HE SENT HALF HIS CHECK TO HIS FAMILY?
    Sounds like a damn good man to me, maybe a bit unappreciative of you, but he is prob really stressed with his family situation and has his mind on other things. He at least sounds like a good dad, and good son. He can't be that bad of a hubby can he?
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:13 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I agree, Jackie.
    charliebean

Answer by charliebean at 2:28 PM on May. 11, 2010